Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Baby Toy


When my mom came to visit last week for my b-day we went to new a fabric store. My mom is very supportive and willing to do what ever I want (she took me and 3 other teenage girls to a bush/no doubt concert when I was 13! Wow!). I know she was not particularly into the fabric store scene, but she made the best of it. She picked out the kit/template by sew fun to make "baby brainy ball". The finished product seemed slightly daunting, but surprisingly it was simple. Mom picked out the cute fabric from the fat-quarter bin.  She wanted them to give as gifts for co-workers. I also will make a few for the babies to come this summer. This was a fairly simple project until you have to hand sew the wedges together. A lot more hand sewing than I really wanted to do. The end result is extremely cute and practical (gotta love machine washable, handmade soft toys!). I love the idea of mixing up the contrasting fabrics and textures! Think ill stuff the next one a little more. Can I put a bell in there? or does that make it a dog/cat toy?

 I also made this bag out of super cheap christmas fabric from Jo-ann's. For now it holds all of the christmas fabric for a quilt. It will eventually be given as a re-useable gift bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger