Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pumpkin Basket


                             
I have crocheted pumpkins before. I gifted those cute guys to my Mom a few years ago. I decided I wanted some in my home again.  I loved this thicker natural orange in the store more because of its color. When started to make my basic pumpkin and realized that I could create a rather cool basket due to the thicker yarn keeping its shape well. I stopped when I felt I had a good size and created a handle out of the green that was wider at the bottom than at the top. I ended up with a bit of orange yarn left over and decided to make the baby pumpkin, which I stuffed. Of course, I didn't use a pattern and ended up ripping out my stitches when it wasnt the right size. I enjoy this process of figuring it out on my own and making it my very own style.
 I filled the basket pumpkin with candy which made it a fat ole' pumpkin, when it is empty it is a bit floppy which I like. I hope to have these awesome pumpkins for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger