Monday, October 7, 2013

Sewing Loves

This is the tree right down the street from my house. There are a lot of beautiful trees in town right now. I love this one in particular. The blue sky against the orange leaves. Very nice indeed. As long as the Oregon rain is holding off, I am enjoying this fall weather.
I am planning ahead for the rainy season and purchased a beautiful vintage Bernina 930 record. I have dreamed of owning a Bernina mechanical machine and this is about as expensive as I can go in the Bernina world. Its amazing to think, a 1984 is consider vintage and it is still worth a nice chunk of change. She was serviced regularly and had one owner.
I found this beauty on craig's list this weekend and jumped on it. The purchase included 12 feet, the manual, original bobbin case, a walking foot, table extension and so many other goodies. The machine was 6 blocks away, the whole time!  The slightly dissapointing items missing from the sale were the case and knee lever, which I may have this welder guy I know make for me. It would cost over $200.00 to replace these missing items through a dealer, so I think that will have to wait a bit. This is a very expensive machine for me but, I think it is a true investment.  I feel if I keep it in great running condition it will hold it's value, if not continue to rise.
Stay tuned to see what projects I come up with. I have quite a few planned. I love the way the machine sounds, much like a ticking clock. I still cant believe it is mine. She is so strong and lovely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger