Monday, September 28, 2009

My favorite month!

OOOOHHHH! I am really excited that my favorite month is approaching! I love October because it means that Fall has really come! The warm fall colors, the crisp cool air, dry earthy smell of leaves, pumpkins, long sleeves, nip in the air that makes me want to eat soup, Halloween! I love fall too! I was a very spoiled southern girl and lived seven years in the Blue Ridge Mountains! I miss it terribly! The colors of the leaves are unmatched (ok! maybe Not in such grand scale) in the piedmont of NC. It is still hot here, just dead leaves, no real color yet. I want to see this:
To be more exact this is the Linn Cove Viaduct that skirts around Grandmother Mountain near Boone, NC, boonejag75 took the image. 
I went to the farmers market here in my city in a sweatshirt on this past cool Sun morning. (Today it is all most 90 degrees). I bought wonderful fresh crisp apples.  The entire time I was there enjoying the fresh produce I was thinking of these images. Soft green mountain leaves turning shades of fire and embers. I hope that I will get to visit soon. Unfortunately it is quite a haul up the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger