Sunday, April 24, 2011

Tornado Recovery

This used to be our fence line. There were large trees through it.  The house below is about the only two story house in the neighborhood. It had lot of damage. The tree that fell on it was cleared quickly. The chimney fell into the roof as well. There were three very large Oak trees in their yard that are now in their neighbors yard. It is crazy!
Today, I thought about rebirth on many levels. The most major rebirth on my mind is my neighborhood. I cry everyday when I drive to and from the house. It is heartbreaking the effect that a 2 minute long tornado had. It is a slow process and I know it will never be the same. It has been hard on all of us and my neighbors since it came and destroyed so many lives, houses, business and trees. These are a few shots from my neighborhood I took today. mind you this is almost 10 days after the tornadoes came.
There used to be 4 more huge oak trees here. The church is to the right with lots of broken windows.


These are what is left of the business that are three blocks from my house. These buildings no longer have roofs.


1 comment:

  1. We are so thankful that you, Jason, and Kuma (sp?) are all ok. Hopefully your community will be able to come together and show the resiliency of the human spirit! Thinking of you! xo xo

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger