Thursday, January 14, 2010

A little late



Here is the awesome tree skirt that I made my Mom for Christmas! I cant believe that I am just now getting around to sharing this with everyone. When I first got interested in sewing, my Mom bought me a kit with fabric to make her a tree skirt. She must have given it to me almost 10 years ago. I was still in middle school. It was a giant UFO looming over my head every time Christmas rolled around and she pulled out the same piece of red fabric. I had use some the fabric in prior projects so I pretty much came up with the idea on my own.  It is not quilted, I hand tied it with yarn and bells. I really liked the Christmas fabric with the snowmen, but it was very bold and loud. 

I used Christmas ribbon to just tie up the back. I used some sentimental fabric for parts of the hearts and stars.



 I enjoyed looking through Christmas theme flickr for inspiration. I really love blogging for fiber arts. I cant imagine what I would do with out this outlet and inspiration. I learned a lot of skills and a tried some new things. I did my first heart and star patches. I appliqued my first complicated design on the snowmen with metallic thread(first usage). So she flipped out and cried when she realized what it was. I like it a lot too and really want one for my self. This is a very memorable project and gift to give. Love you Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger