Months ago, I had cut up the legs of the blue jeans in a continuous length about 1.5 inch wide. I had already used the pockets. Have I mentioned that I love recycling and using up the crap that I have! I finally felt like making something out of it. I started off making a bowl for myself. Ultimately, I feel that it is too big for its intended use. I have plenty of jeans to make more. When I made the bowl, the largest problem I had was that the denim that had stretch in it was difficult to control the tension on. I pulled a few times too hard and it pulled apart the factory seam. I had to go back and hand stitch these seams. I hope it will stay together. I hope that the receiver enjoys it . I really like the texture that the factory seams created. I think it would look much cleaner if I had made strips in to thinner tubes. I don't have the patience to turn them all right side out. Maybe with regular cotton fabric it would be easier. I am working on a super awesome easy tutorial for a pot holder that I made in masses to give as gifts this season.