Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Lots of Trees!

So I decided to make a forest of trees for Christmas gifts. Well, I guess that makes them really Christmas trees. I have been contemplating for months of gifts to give for Christmas. I would Love to make them all handmade for the immediate family at least. This presents somewhat of a challenge, because of the eclectic bunch of taste in the family. I also have many more people to make gifts for since I got hitched. I would love to make handmade gifts for all, but there never seems to be enough time for what I normally want to accomplish.  I have utilized many blogs and flicker images to compile ideas. Thanks! 
Eventually, I came across a great idea of these scrappy trees. (Sorry, I don't know who to owe credit to.) I had tons of scrappy green to use up. I liked the idea of making the trees A. Because they are more versatile than Christmas Trees. ie: use in the fall B. My Dad loves trees C. My Dad has requested a quilt and I wanted something that I could use his shirts and my creativity in. D. No pattern/templates required and finally, E. I love trees. My first tree turned out OK. A little wonky! (yes, that is a technical term!) I made a handful more and liked them even better. 

Overall, I am very pleased with the result. I am hoping to use the design idea in other gifts as well. Hopefully, I will have enough time off of work to complete all my grand plans for Christmas gifts. Unfortunately, I will not be able to share my gift ideas in fear that they would see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger