Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow Day!



Yeah It is snowing... the first snow of the year!  Here in the piedmont of NC we do not normally get snow. I lived in the mountains of NC for years and saw snow often. I have missed it terribly since moving. It is so peaceful outside.  This is a picture at 7 o'clock this morning. I have already called work and the message encouraged us not to drive in even for a few hours. We are on a snow day.  NC is just not prepared for this kind of weather. Not enough plows or slag to make it around. People who are out, drive like idiots, and taboot there is ice under all that snow. Not for my faint of heart. Hubby ventured out to work very early. God willing he will make it home tonight. It is supposed to keep it up all day and into tomorrow night. Well, I am excited about the quilting that I can get accomplished in the quiet, peaceful snow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger